The library at the University of Mining and Geology is within the system of University libraries. Its unique funds provide the necessary literature for the main branches of the university – mining, geology and engineering geoecology. The library funds are organized according to the Universal decimal classification which encompasses different documental sources – books, periodicals, theses, research papers, etc.
You can use the following e-resources in the UMG from each computer within the University network:
Science Direct (www.sciencedirect.com)
Refered and cited databases:
THOMSON REUTERS - ISI Web of Knowledge (www.isiknowledge.com)
More information can be received at the University library.
Overall library fund – about 90 000 volumes
- books - 61 000;
- periodicals - 29 000
Organisation of the library fund:
- Alphabet books’ catalogue in Latin;
- Alphabet books’ catalogue in Cyrillic;
- Alphabet periodicals’ catalogue in Latin;
- Alphabet periodicals’ catalogue in Cyrillic;
- Alphabet theses’ catalogue.
- Systematic catalogue
- Title catalogue
- Topographic catalogue
- Topographic catalogue of the books;
- Topographic catalogue of the periodicals;
- Topographic catalogue of the theses.
The library funds are pursuant to the neceds of the educational process, scientific and research activity.
In the sphere of mining activity, the books encompass:
- Development of mineral resources,
- Processing of mineral resources,
- Electrical energy and electrical equipment;
- Blast protection of facilities,
- Blasting mechanics and technology,
- Management of safety and health risks,
- Geodesy and Mine surveying,
In the sphere of geology, the books encompass::
- Geology of mineral resources,
- Geophysical surveys,
- Hydro-geology and engineering geology,
- Search, exploration and production of oil and gas,,
- Economy of the mining industry and geological and exploration work.
Information about additional sciences can be found as well: mathematics, mechanics, physics, chemistry, mining and construction machines and facilities, etc.
Readers: about 3500 in general, out of which lecturers and employees - 450; students - 2500; external specialists - 550.
Relations with other libraries: Inter-library and international inter-library book lending; book exchange with libraries and scientific institutes – more than 86 all over the world.
- "Lending service" - provides books for reading at home;
- "Reading room for books" - here you can find the most valuable encyclopedia, dictionaries, reference books and the compulsatory issue from the textbook fund;
- "Reading room for periodicals" - organized in two separate reading rooms for periodicals in Cyrillic and Latin.